Monday, August 18, 2008

Beating the HEAT!

We went to Spokane this past weekend and boy was it really toasty. In fact, when we left on Sunday it was 103 degrees. Sorry people, that's TOO HOT for me!

On Saturday we ventured to Coeur D'Alene to play outside and do some shopping. The kids got really hot.... so we found this little mini "river" with a fountain in it and let them get completely soaked, clothes and all! Thankfully we had a change of clothes in the car.



We were in Spokane celebrating 2 big birthdays (I won't name the numbers...) for Grandma Kathy and Grandpa Bob and also Great-Grandma Anna's 92nd birthday--- Happy Birthday everyone!! We also got to spend time with Uncle Ryan- as well as Uncle Don and Great-Grandma Kay from California. It was a great weekend with Sean's family.


On a side note.... it is only 63 degrees here today. 40 degrees cooler than we were yesterday. I'm thanking God a lot today.... as 63 degrees and rain feels fantastic!

4 comments:

Sara said...

Um Ya...Tell me about it! I love the sun and I would rather be hot than cold, but with no air conditioning, these past few days.....not so fun!

We are so glad you guys had a good time!

WEEE said...

We were right long with you this weekend. We were in Spokane as well seeing our new little niece and having a family reunion on Saturday. All I have to say is Thank God for Pools and Air conditioning! How long did it take you to get home?

Beth P said...

It's funny what you get used to . . . I think 63 would put me in jeans and a sweatshirt. :-) But then I love the green and the mountains around your area.

Angie said...

I love that fountain! It takes me back to my childhood.

You should be here now - we are having Seattle weather :)

It has been fun snooping on your blog... now you know I read it. You will have to check mine out.