Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Thank you...

Thank you to all of those men and women who serve our country on a daily basis, who have served in the past and those who paid the ultimate sacrifice for our freedom.

Thank you to their families who unselfishly let their Dads, Moms, Husbands, Wives, Children, Grandchildren, Aunts, Uncles, Cousins, Best Friends etc... leave them behind to fight for us.

Let's NEVER take that for granted, okay?

PS--- Thanks Dad, for your 20+ years of service in the Air Force. I am so thankful that God chose you to be my Dad... I love you!

3 comments:

Sara said...

Thank You, Thank You, Thank You!

I got a little teary eyed during my schools Veteran's Day Assembly....slide show of students relatives currently serving or Veterans. The look on some kids faces when they saw a picture of their Mom or Dad on the screen, they were so proud! One of my previous students started crying and had to leave....I think that's when my tears started coming:(

You must be so proud of your Dad!

Nasinec Family said...

Well said.

Fredericks Family said...

Sara that is amazing that the school did that. Wow.
Amen Lindsey! I thank god for my freedom and for those protecting us. Thanks for the reminder..makes me realize I shouldn't complain when Adam is gone for a couple of days for work...