Monday, November 06, 2006

Moving...

Okay... so we moved into the new house this past weekend. I probably don't even need to say it, but moving with a 2 1/2 year old and a 5 month old is very interesting. Check out this picture... As you can see Reagan was tons of help while I was packing. If you can't tell by the picture, that is Reagan in a box. She got into the box right after she took everything out of the box that I had just put in... Needless to say, I quit packing right then and waited until nap time to continue!



Now that we're in the new house, she's lots of help unpacking though... Only one china tea cup was broken and it was my fault! Ian is such a cool kid too... he doesn't seem phased by any of this at all-- thank goodness. God has been so good to give me an extra measure of patience and a heightened sense of humor in this process. Praise Him for that!

It's pretty late now and I'm sitting here trying to get used to the new noises of this house... I was so used to the different noises in our old one. I could even tell when our cats were walking down the hallway. Our new bathroom has a skylight in it and the sound of the rain hitting the skylight is really great. Seriously, I like it!

For those of you reading this who aren't in Western Washington, it is raining so hard here that I asked my dad today if he thought the Ark would show up soon. Crazy. I told Reagan that it was raining Cats and Dogs and she looked at me like I was nuts. How do you explain a figure of speech to a 2 year old? You don't, I guess.

2 comments:

Lance said...

Hey You Guys! Just saw your blog for the first time. I went ahead and added you as a link from ours. Is that okay??

Congrats on the move. You are just down 144th from where I grew up! :-)

Lance

Anonymous said...

Hey guys!! This is Gretchen Naugle and Brianne told me about your blog. Congratulations on your new house and your beautiful children. They are so precious!! I can't believe it!