Monday, February 26, 2007

Lysol, please!!!

We, The Draper Family, need some Lysol. I think I will just go to the store and buy every form of cleaner, antibacterial wipe, and Lysol spray I can find.

We have just spent the past week with the flu. (And the week before that with Strep Throat, but that's another story).

The real deal flu. Not the stomach flu that I always think of when someone says "flu", but the influenza that you constantly hear about this time of year. We have the nasal swab test to prove it.

Here's the thing. We have NEVER gotten this "flu" thing before and it will forever be my prayer that we don't get it again. Ever. We have been to the doctor 4 times in the past week. I really like all the people at our doctor's office, but I don't care to see them that much. No offense to them, but seriously.

We are all doing much better now, Praise God. He was so faithful to give us strength when we needed it and force us to rest when we needed to.

As a Mom, the hardest part for me were the moments when I felt so weak that I couldn't fathom taking care of the kids. This verse is what got me through those moments:
2 Cor 12:9
But he said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness." Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ's power may rest on me.

1 comment:

adriene said...

Yuck!! No Fun! Glad you are feeling better.