Monday, July 21, 2008

These are a few of my favorite things...

We got to do one of my all time favorite things this weekend.... We went to an Air Show! Since my Dad is a pilot, we grew up around airplanes, going to air shows, and I even got to "fly" an Air Force flight simulator (for the record, I was very young and crashed almost immediately)! My Dad flew the F-4 when he was active duty and I am so proud of his accomplishments. When we're at the air shows, I love imagining him in the cockpit of his plane rolling and pulling Gs. When I was a little girl, I always said I wanted to be a fighter pilot, just like him. (I like to use my poor eyesight as an excuse for not following that dream... :) )

Anyhow, this was the first air show since 2005 for our local Air Force Base. It was worth the wait! The demonstrations were fantastic-- they included flights by an F-16 (who at one point flew in formation with a P-51 Mustang--- Amazing!), an F-18 (LOUD!), a C-17 (a massive airplane. The assualt touch and go was awesome!), a spectacular Pearl Harb0r reinactment, and the best part of the show....... the Thunderb1rds.

Sean, the kids and I met my Dad and Asher at the show. We had a wonderful time. Asher and Ian have yet to put down the F-16 models they got there.

I did, unfortunately, learn a very painful lesson. Wanna know what I learned? The "better late than never" rule does not apply to my skin when it comes to sunscreen. I'm pretty sure that "late" looks the same as "never" today. You can just call me Lindsey Lobster right now. OUCH.

Here are some pictures...


This is the F-16 and the P-51

They're both mesmerized!
Wouldn't this be a great picture if they had found a different place to park the school bus? C'mon people!

6 Thunderb1rds

Realizing just how loud it is.... Reagan LOVED the earplugs after this!

Boy, that F-18 is LOUD! I think this is the high speed, almost supersonic, pass. Crazy loud.
The C-17 touch and go. More like "bounce" and go.


Cool dudes.

The line to exit the parking lot was VERY long. An emergency, inappropriate, bathroom break was necessary. What you can't see is how hard Reagan and I are laughing at this point. It was hilarious!

10 comments:

Keven & Alicia said...

GREAT pictures! It's fun to see the pictures of Asher having SO much fun since we weren't able to see it in person! Thanks for helping to make it a great day.

Sara said...

WOW! Looks like you guys had a blast! You can't tell who enjoyed it more- your Dad, Asher, or Ian! :)

The Rogel Family said...

Looks like a blast! Great pics of all the kids.

The Keevy Family said...

Wow! I have never been to this, looks like a ton of fun!

WEEE said...

We were so bummed that we missed the air show this weekend. Elliott is loving airplanes. Your pictures are amazing!

Nasinec Family said...

My sister took her kids to that also and LOVED it! Looks like so much fun! I love the bathroom break. :-) You gotta do, what you gotta do. I also learned the hard way getting completely fried last week. I feel ya. See you tonight!

Chunny and Me said...

Yeah! I'm glad you had such a great time - that would have been so fun to see.
Thank you again for your hospitality this weekend! We LOVED getting to see you and catching up, though it was brief. Claire and I especially loved our time at the Zoo with you! That pic you took on my phone with the Hippos turned out great! :)
Hope to see you again in August when you are over this way.
Lots of love!
The Chuns

Steve & Sarabeth said...

Hey Linds...you really take some great pictures! I don't comment often but wanted to let you know that I love keeping up with you and the family this way. I miss you guys:)

Lovin' on my Boys said...

I had just posted about our trip to the air show before reading yours! Too bad we missed each other... we definitely were caught in traffic together though. That was CRAZY! Luckily, Gavin was asleep. ;)

Jodi said...

That sounds FUN. :) We were actually stuck in the traffic that day, trying to get to Olympia. Lindsay - I was meaning to ask you: were you in my MOPS group a couple of years ago?