Monday, June 18, 2007

I've waited THREE years for this...

From the moment I found out the precious little one in my belly was a girl, I have hoped she would share my love for dance. I started taking dance classes when I was 3 years old and didn't stop until college. Then... I got a little crazy and took another class in 2005-- Recital and all! If you've ever had a passion for something, then you know what I'm talking about... you get excited watching it and the adrenaline rush you experience when you actually get to participate in indescribable. This is how I feel about dancing. I grew up in the dance studio... taking ballet, tap, jazz, pointe and lyrical. I have participated in more classes, performances and competitions than I can count. My parents were so incredibly supportive and I know they sacrificed a ton of time and money to let me enjoy dance. Dancing brings me more joy than I can explain. (This would also help explain my obsession with this show.)

I can only hope that my children feel this way about something in their lives. And, of course, I would be thrilled if Reagan felt this way about dance. Goodness knows, she has it in her blood!

Anyhow... all that to say.... TODAY was Reagan's very first dance class. Seriously, I could have cried. She did very well for her first time. She got distracted at times (I have that problem too :) ), but all in all, she did fantastic! The look on her face as she sprinted to the lobby to see me after class made it all worthwhile. She absolutely LOVED it!

Here are some pictures from her class... (Sorry for the poor quality, I was taking the pictures through a glass door... I felt a little like the paparazzi)















Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love it! Can't wait to see how the session goes. Ali is taking tap in the fall (so she says now). Maybe her and Reagan together?? She looks so happy to be dancing! Kate

Lovin' on my Boys said...

Ohhh... how cute! I also LOVE So You Think You Can Dance... I'm totally addicted! :)

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

Ok, those pictures are adorable and I don't blame you ONE bit for sharing them! We're hoping to enroll Devyn in her first dance class this fall. I, too, hope my children have a passion for something and as their mommy, I feel its my job to cultivate it. =)

WEEE said...

Sh looks so happy to be there. the pictures are really cute. You will have to keep us posted on her progress and when and if she has a recital. Erin

Keven & Alicia said...

Sweet Sweet Reagan. I loved all of your mommy's dance recitals and will be at every one of your as well...proud as can be.

I love you!
Wisha