Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Good service? Bad service?

I'm so confused.
Here's the story...

Today is recycle day around the neighborhood. So, we put out our huge recycle bin this morning and also stacked some extra cardboard we had from organizing the garage next to the bin. We didn't, however, take down the yard waste bin. (not sure why)

When the recycle truck came they picked up the regular bin and didn't take the extra cardboard (we did this when we moved and they took it.... why not this time?). I was a tad annoyed.

Then, I looked outside again to see our yard waste bin at the curb. The recycle dudes had walked up to the house and drug it down and dumped it for us! How nice! What great service!

Here's why I'm confused.... we have those automated cans, where the guys don't get out of their trucks-- a big arm comes down and snatches up the can and dumps it.... so, if they can get out of the truck to walk up to the house and drag down the huge yard waste bin, then why can't they take the extra cardboard?

I used to think there were 2 different trucks-- one for recycle and one for yard waste. But today this all happened while ONE truck was outside. I know this because I happened to be pulling into the driveway as he was headed down our street. Not 5 minutes later was when I looked outside and saw the yard waste bin on the curb.

So, we had superior service and stinky (no pun intended) service from the same guys on the same day!

Isn't that odd?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Same thing happened to us. I called and they don't take cardboard that won't fit in your bin. Weird huh? Kate

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

That's hysterical. I hate it when things like that happen... I just don't get it.

Chelle said...

Ahhh, the joys of life. At least your stuff got taken out. my darling forgot to take the garbage out Wed, and it was the one day they came early. Ugh! Trash is now taking over the garage...lovely.