Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Rain, rain..... please stay!!

It is raining today. Please don't be too shocked.

Today, it is the kind of rain I LOVE. The constant, heavy rain... the rain that you can hear through the skylights, that makes you pause the TiV0 and listen. The kind that makes great puddles to stomp in. It makes me want to stay home, pull out all the snuggle blankets and cozy up with my family.

But there will be no staying home tonight.... Why, you ask? Because THIS just opened in town and we're headed there tonight for the best food in town! Yippeeee!!!


*** update: The food was delicious, but we don't recommend going to a popular restaurant in its first week open. Let's just say that they have some kinks to work out! We will most definitely return, but we'll let them finish getting their ducks in a row first. :) ***

6 comments:

Keven said...

I have been lying in bed, reading with the window open. Not wierd. The cool thing is that I have not been playing any music while there. Typically we listen to some classical music as we head off. However, what with the moody weather we have been having of late, I have I really been enjoying the music of the trees blowing in the wind. Since you know my wife pretty well don't bother to ask her about it...since we all understand that while she also is "reading", she would actually have no idea what is going on in her book or out the window...pretty much nothing but the inside of her eyelids!

Keven & Alicia said...

Oh...you are a funny man Keven. I know EXACTLY what is going on in my book and outside. Thank you very much.

Only 1 1/2 hour until The Rock!

Keven said...

Seriously...who knew?

Lisa (the girls' moma) said...

We went to The Rock last Friday (opening day!) at lunchtime and it was awesome! The buffet was really good! And, shocker, my picky eater had something to eat there, the pb&j pizza. Wooo!

Lance said...

I did not even have to click on the link to know where you were eating.

SOOOOO JEALOUS!!!

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

I love those days! We turn on the fireplace (oh, I miss wood-burning fireplaces), snuggle up by it, and read for hours. Wonderful weather!