Saturday, October 27, 2007

He should have been at work...

Instead of being at work on Friday morning, my dad was doing this....




That is him (in front) climbing a support cable on the Narrows Bridge. He was invited to do it and my dad is a guy who would NEVER pass something like this up!

Needless to say.... he DID NOT tell my mom what he was going to do before he did it. He told her all about it when he was done (and safe). (Telling Mom after the fact is a lesson he learned long ago in his Air Force days :) )

Nice work Dad! Next time, clue me in so I can go too!!!

4 comments:

JP said...

What I want to know is how they got that great photo? I'm sure they didn't balance a camera and then run back down while the timer counted down... :-)

LDraper said...

That's funny, because I asked the same question!
The bridge supervisor (who knew there was such a job?!) was waiting at the top for them and therefore took the picture.

The Keevy Family said...

You would really want to do that? I admire people that have such bravery. My stomach feels like it is in knots just looking at that picture!

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

Holy cow!! Uhhh... no thanks! My palms got sweaty just looking at the picture. =)