Friday, January 04, 2008

A new travel mug...

Our most favorite stainless travel mug bit the dust last week (it started leaking out the bottom, which really defeats its purpose). It was a sad day, but then Sean realized that REI sold a really cool one. He ordered one and brought it home last night. It's really cool.

This is its claim, according to the REI website: "Double-wall, stainless-steel construction keeps drinks warm throughout the day".



Seriously people.... they're not joking. I made a piping hot cup of our favorite tea at about 6:45 pm last night. I put it into the new mug to test it out. I tried to take a sip about 20 minutes later and scalded my lip and tongue. Wow! Just as hot 20 minutes later! I tried again about 30 minutes later and it was still TOO hot to drink! This cup is amazing!


I did, however, get really annoyed when at 10:00 pm it was still way too hot to drink. And I'm not exaggerating. I think Sean (who was upstairs) heard me shout when I burned my mouth again.... for the 4th time.


I'm not normally a hot tea drinker, but for some reason, this winter it has tasted really good. My burnt mouth and tongue are leading me right back to iced. I wonder if our new fantastic mug will keep my iced tea nice and icy too???

2 comments:

Justin, Juli and Kelsey said...

Linds, did I mention your blog always makes me smile!! Maybe it is because I can picture you saying every word.
Hugs, Juli

The Coatney's said...

this is funny because I got this mug for Brian's stocking this year and he had a similar experience. I made his hot chocolate a little extra hot so it would be perfect with his lunch and it was still too hot when he got home from work. It works just a little too well!