Wednesday, May 13, 2009

She's FIVE!

Wow. My little girl is FIVE! It is so cliche.... but time really does fly by. I remember THIS day as though it was yesterday....

We have a few days full of festivities to celebrate our girl. I'll post some pictures when we're done partying! For now.... a quick note to Reagan for her to read later.

Dear Reagan,

I love you. I love you with my whole entire heart. You rock my world every day. Here's the thing though.... I really like you, too. I like spending time with you, I like snuggling with you, shopping with you, watching movies with you, playing on the computer with you, talking with you, praying with you, counting the things we're thankful for, sneaking a spoonful of peanut butter with you, coloring with you, crawling into bed with you in the morning when you wake up and say "Mommy... the sun came up!", reading with you, having you read to me, listening to (and laughing at) your silly jokes, and watching you learn and discover... You love to do puzzles, still love princesses, you're crazy about our cat Smooches, and you love playing with Ian (except when you're driving each other cuckoo). You loved Awana Cubbies this year- it was so fun memorizing verses with you! You and Daddy have a very tight bond... an unbreakable bond. Nice work getting him wrapped around your little finger.

Really.... I could go on and on and on....

You are so incredibly curious.. In fact, it tends to get you in trouble from time to time. :) You are a very smart girl, very technologically savvy. It's pretty amazing! You love to read and are getting SO good at it! I love it when you point out signs as we're driving.

You love passionately, play hard, sleep like a rock, eat like a bird and smile more than not.

You are so special, Rea. And don't ever forget that our Lord, the creator of the universe, knows your name. He thinks you are special and loves you fiercely.

Again.... I love you. More than you'll ever know.

Mommy

5 comments:

The Keevy Family said...

I love this little note you wrote to your daughter, how sweet!
I should include something like this in my scrapbooks for my kids' birthdays.
I remember Faye turning age 5. Five is big, and I remember it being a big deal. Old enough for school and yet they still feel like they are your right arm...:)
Jane

Keven & Alicia said...

We love you too Reagan...we are so blessed to have you in our lives. Thank you for bringing spunk, love and light into our days! Your mommy is right....Jesus loves you...so very very much. I pray daily that you will know, believe and embrace this with every fiber of your being. You can do anything Reagan!

Lisha, Noni, Asher & Tatum

Sara said...

Okay....Tears are pouring from my eyes as if you are my own daughter Reagan! Happy 5th Birthday! We are sooooo glad you are in our life!
We Love You!
The McGowans

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

I know I'm going to be a sentimental mess when mine turns five in November.

Happy Birthday to your sweet little girl!

Wendi said...

Denial .. . denial . . . denial. That is me. They are NOT five. REALLY?!?! Happy BD Rea. I love the not to her. What a great idea, I might steal it.
W