Tuesday, March 13, 2007

The garbage is gone!

We happened to be getting out of the car in the driveway today when the recycle-man came to unload our overflowing recycle bin. We stood and watched the huge truck as it pulled up and the automatic arm came down, snatched up our bin, and dumped its contents into the truck. I really thought Reagan would think this was pretty cool. When I looked down at her to see what she thought, I never expected the look on her face. She was near tears.
I asked her what was wrong and the following conversation ensued:
Reagan: (in her sad sing-song voice) "Mommy, they took our garbage! I want it back!"
Me: "Reagan, they're supposed to come and take our garbage. It's icky. And, that's why we put it out there... for them to take. It's okay."
Reagan: (getting more upset) "But Mommy, I want it back!"
Me: (trying not to laugh) "It's okay babe... it is just icky garbage, we don't want it anymore."
Reagan: (still ticked) "Mommy, they TOOK IT, they took our garbage!"
Me: (really trying not to laugh now) "Really, Reagan, it is okay.... let's just go take a nap and you'll forget about the garbage."
As we headed upstairs for her nap, she continued on her rant about the garbage and I thought.... if she is this attached to garbage, what on earth is she going to do when she loses her first tooth?!
Silly girl...

No comments: