Wednesday, August 08, 2007

Day 1

Today is Day 1.

Day one of what, you ask?

Day ONE of no more Diet Pepsi for Lindsey.

I know, I know. It isn't good for me. But, I have been hooked (okay, addicted) for a long time. Too long. It was my indulgence. (along with Tillamook Chocolate Peanut Butter Ice Cream, but that's for a different post)

It took a lot of reading (specifically about the effects of aspartame) to convince me that I needed to do this. You see, I am very careful about what I feed my children, but I'll pump my own body full of chemically created sugars?? That doesn't make sense. So, I'm finally biting the bullet. I have no more Diet pop (or any sort of soda product) in the house anywhere and I've committed to not buying more. We'll see how this goes.

I've taken a liking to some teas, which helps, because water is really boring all the time.

Ugh. This is going to be hard.

8 comments:

Keven & Alicia said...

I'm proud of you. This is day 5 for me. I really want one around noon and then any time I pass a Shell station but otherwise, it hasn't been too bad:) You have my full support as you know and here is to good heath! Next....a triathalon?!:)

LDraper said...

Seriously. Noon was the hardest today! I made myself this delicious sandwich and I kept thinking.... a Diet Pepsi really would taste good right now!
Instead, I made myself a latte.

And... how dare you mention the "T" word in public.

Lovin' on my Boys said...

I have been a Diet Coke addict for years. Looks like I need to catch up on the aspartame reading... :) (Gulp.)

Katie said...

My name is Katie and I am a Dr. Pepper addict. And I am living in the absolute worse place for a DP addict, Texas. Where you can get it at any restaurant, no matter what they carry coke or Pepsi. Its like an alcoholic living in Germany. I feel for you Lindsey. I have been trying to kick the habit since we returned from Washington, and I have not had much success. Every day without one is an accomplishment!!

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

My thoughts are with you, my friend! *Sigh* I'm getting majorly convicted about how I'm feeding my family and so we're getting ready to look at a new menu lifestyle very soon!

Brianne said...

grrr....reading your posts are always so convicting. First you're posting the WHOLE first chapter of James...and now THIS?? You gotta give a girl a break ;)

...and you are SO RIGHT. It is so hard to quit the bubbly goodness. But it is SUCH a good idea!! :)

By the way - the pictures of the kids are amazing. Your mom picked an awesome photographer! ...that and your kids are absolutely adorable!

Organized Chaos said...

I'm taking the Pepsi Challenge too...but diet coke is my weakness...Brad is worse. So to help him...we're going cold turkey after we drink our last can at home. We might allow ourselves to order one when we eat out...which isn't too often. Withdrawl will be worse for him...I substitute my habit with Crystal Lite Raspberry Tea...probably not much better for me.

Oh...and I definitly think the triathlon is next. Heck, if I can do it anyone can!

Ro said...

I've been doing the same thing, but with diet Coke or Fresca. I've found that Good Earth Tea, made in a large batch, tastes pretty good over ice. It's spices add just enough flavor, which is also what I'm craving. I guess I could jazz it up with some sparking water (I miss the fizz). The afternoon headaches are going away, though. Good luck!