Thursday, August 23, 2007

Heart, shoulder, big muscles and brains.

Reagan and I were sitting down for some quiet time this morning and I read the following passage to her (a couple of times for emphasis).

Luke 10:27: He answered: " 'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your strength and with all your mind'; and, 'Love your neighbor as yourself'."

I then asked her to repeat what I said... it went like this:


Me: "Reagan, can you repeat this verse? "Love the Lord your God with all your ________"

Reagan: "Heart!" (Woo Hoo! She was listening!)

Me: "and with all your ______"?

Reagan: "Shoulder!" (hmmmm?)

Me: "and with all your _______"? (I pointed to my arm and flexed)

Reagan: "Big Muscles!" (funny because my arm muscles are no where near big)

Me: "and with all your ______"? (pointing to my head)

Reagan: "Brains!" (Nice.)

So... here is Reagan's version of Luke 10:27

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your shoulder and with all your big muscles and with all your brains"....

If God has the sense of humor I like to think He does, then that made Him smile this morning! It sure made my morning.

5 comments:

Keven & Alicia said...

Oh, you gotta love that! Make sure you write that down somewhere very special so you can show her one day.

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

Oh I just love little ones and their innocence! =) Devyn is starting to know her bedtime prayer by heart and will often fill in the blanks for me. =)

Reagan sounds so sweet!

Anonymous said...

LOVE IT!!!!
Wendi

Chelle said...

That is wonderful! No wonder Jesus said to come to him like children :)

Anonymous said...

That is priceless Lindsey! You definitely have to save that to show her someday. So sweet... I have a lot of catchin' up to do on your blog! It's so fun to read. :)

~Mimi