Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Thanksgiving

I have so much to be thankful for. But not just on Thanksgiving.... every.single.day.

My life is so full.... everything I ever hoped it would be. I have a husband who loves me unconditionally, a daughter and son who are healthy, happy and can both light up a room , an extended family that I love to be with, a home to keep us warm and plenty of food in the fridge. Don't get me wrong, however.... there are tough times... bad attitudes, disobedient kids, exhaustion, frustration and more. But the good times far outweigh the bad times. I choose to not focus on those bad things. In fact, I keep a list of things I'm thankful for.... and I continually add to it and reference it during rough moments. It really helps keep my focus where it should be. At the end of the day when Sean and I collapse into our snuggle chair, we can relax with a collective sigh of contentment. Why, you ask? Because our hope is found in Jesus Christ alone. He provides the peace that surpasses understanding and the contentment we feel. Even on tough days, we press on because we know He is faithful. I am eternally thankful for that.

Most of all.... I am eternally thankful for Christ's sacrifice on the cross for me. Grace is an incredible gift---and one I certainly do not deserve.

My cup runs way over.




4 comments:

Amy... said...

Great post, Lindsey! Same here...so much to be thankful for in every single moment.

Ian's eyes are amazing!

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

Hear, hear! Its never easy trying to juggle all these different roles, but the blessings are SO worth it. You have a gorgeous family Lindsey, just beautiful!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Keven & Alicia said...

We are so thankful for you four as well! God is good....All the time!

Great pic of R & I walking together too:)

Chelle said...

Amen amen and amen!!!!!