Monday, February 11, 2008

Boys and Bruises

My poor little boy.

Don't worry... he's just fine.

But he really, really needs to quit running into things and falling down. His forehead might as well be one solid bruise. The things he comes up with are unreal. To top it off, this morning he chose to get off of the couch by going head first over the arm. Right smack onto the hardwood floor, forehead first. I dove at him, but missed by a few inches. I'll try to post a picture of the goose egg after his nap.

I remember Reagan being clumsy at this age, but Ian is 10 times that. He runs everywhere and therefore, when he does run into things it is at full force.

I watch him like a hawk already.... knowing how busy he is. But I'm seriously considering getting him a helmet or just wearing him around the house in the backpack. Just to give his head a break.

The other night, we were at a friend's house and I was showing Sara and Leah the bruises on his head... they both have boys and were reassuring me that it is totally normal... Not 30 seconds after I set him down, he ran right into the corner of the nearest wall. Just walking without looking. Seriously Ian?! You're going to give Mommy an ulcer.

4 comments:

Lovin' on my Boys said...

I completely know! If ever Jacob and Gavin are both without bruises, it's a miracle!

Sara said...

um ya...sorry about another bruise!

WEEE said...

So that is what I have to look forward to. Yeah for Me!

Keevy Nation said...

Hi Linds, thanks for leaving comments on my blog. It's really fun to get them. Your blog was my inspiration. I love to read yours. The yoga one was my fav. But about boys...I overheard Isaac telling Andrew, "There's no blood...you're ok."