Monday, July 30, 2007

Hello, my little friend

I was washing the big window in our dining room today when I realized I was being watched. I'll admit he startled me a little bit, but then I spent the next few minutes looking at the cutest little frog. Never have I looked so closely at a frog and he was so patient as I stuck my huge camera lens right in his face... I can only imagine what that looked like from his point of view!

Reagan and Ian are taking a nap and I can only hope he's still there when they wake up!






I think he needs a name. If he's still there when Reagan gets up, I'll ask her.
Edited to add: He was still there when Reagan and Ian woke up! And Reagan quickly named him "Big Jazzy". No idea where she got that. Anyhow, this frog (and one other-- much smaller one-- now named "baby Jazzy") have taken a liking to our window. Reagan often checks the window and there is almost always a frog there! If a frog isn't there, Reagan gives us the reason. For instance... last night, according to Reagan, baby Jazzy had hopped off the window to go home and take a bath and go to bed. Sounds like a clean, well-taken-care-of frog.
It's the craziest thing.... but so much fun for them! I'll admit, I'm glad they're on the outside of the window.
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Chelle said...

Thanks for visiting my blog! You are welcome any time! I love the pics of the frog, very good job capturing those. What a sweet family you have (and I mean the kids, not the frog). :)

Jenn @ Knee-Deep in Munchkin Land said...

Absolutely LOVE those pictures! He really is quite cute, isn't he?! I can deal with frogs and toads, its the snakes I'm terrified of. *Sigh* Hopefully Hudson will prefer frogs.

Katie said...

Lindsey, You can tell Reagan that the frog sees a friend when he looks at the window. I bet he sees his reflection. See what she says to that idea! I love here comments from this post as well as some of your other posts. Our Lindsay says some really interesting things too.

Lance